Hey Spartan Players,
Many, if not all, of you have been asking for some type of idea of what has been going on. Well, I will, to the best of my ability try to clear up everything.
Firstly, we are off track for resets for 2 major reasons, EULA compliance and 1.10 release. Also, staff have personal issues and IRL issues to take care of as well.
Both may not seem like they should really be difficult, however, the first is actually quite difficult to figure out what we want to do with the ranks to make them compliant and still quite possibly work the money donated to receive them. We have gotten the majority of the cosmetic perks and ideas written down and the plugins for them made, which was the longest step. Plugins are not just made instantly, they take time.
For those who do not know what the changes were, they are:
- Global ranks
- Everyone will receive enjins points or coupons for what they have in order to freely receive the new ranks
- New ranks will be strictly cosmetic however they will receive boosters that are obtainable via donating for separately.
- More info on boosters will be release at a later date.
As for the 1.10 release, we had to discuss if we want to skip 1.9 and update to 1.10. This being that players are always looking for servers with the updated versions so they can test out new things. Granted 1.10 brings very minor things, they are things that the vast audience and actual age group would probably enjoy.
- Polar bears
- Desert skeletons
- Auto-jump options
- New items
- New fossils
- New variation of nether brick blocks (red)
- Nether wart block <- no idea why
- Enderman in the nether
- Larger mushrooms
In my opinion, was not worth the update, but some might be interesting additions and as I said many new players will want to try it.
These two issues with personal or IRL issues have pushed them back a bit. 3pic is out of town with family for a mandatory vacation. So, I am finalizing all the ideas we have for cosmetic perks and making sure all the plugins we have for them work properly and getting them fixed if they do not. I know its been long and grueling process but we are trying our best to make everything as enjoyable as possible for these resets so please bear with us.
So, I was asked to specifically clarify what is being done to Pvp/factions.
I am currently having a new plugin made for factions to remove some unnecessary things and add new things.
So, it will be unique in that factions will require levels as I have said before, levels will be handled via in game cash and faction points.
Leveling up a faction will allow more players to join the faction, more claims and more power. The reason I want those to be done that way is that players with massive alternate account lists cannot have an extreme advantage. It will take skill and strategy to build up your faction. A factions level also unlocks other perks such as faction only virtually chests, faction warps, faction mobs, etc. Faction points will be obtainable via quests which can/will be completed as a faction. Faction points will be used to level up your faction and unlock the other perks. Depending on the perk, you might to level it up for more/greater perks, example: faction warps will have multiple "sublevels" to allow for more warps.
- Some claiming commands (/f claim square, /f claim circle, /f claim fill, /f claim one)
- Alternate account advantages
- Faction levels - explained above
- /f top - displays the top factions by their level and other info
- Perks or "sublevels" - perks unlocked for leveling your factions
- faction alerts - alerts when certain actions occur in your claims
- increased wall strength - increases block blast resistance in your claim via leveling (not 100% decided)
- faction map - will now be added to a donors scoreboard (not 100% decided)
- world regeneration - regens unclaimed chunks within an algorithm (will not discuss the algorithm)
Perks or "sublevel":
- Faction warps - warps for your faction
- Faction chest - virtual chest for your faction
- Faction mobs - mobs used to protect your faction
- Spawner shop - shop for spawners, unlock better spawners and higher spawnrates via faction leveling
- Faction fly - allows fly in your faction claims
- Custom creeper eggs - creeper eggs with custom effect, better eggs are buyable via faction leveling
As you can see, there is a lot of work going into this plugin, meaning it can take some time for it to be finished with minimal bugs. I think it will make factions and bit more interactive and enjoyable and possibly alleviate the loss of OP kits for donors. Below are some misc. additions to factions as well, more information will be given at a later date on these.
- Custom enchants - a plugin that adds new enchants to the enchantment table
- Autoranks - ranks obtained by completing set requirements, will have kits
Any questions or concerns, pm me or 3pic or comment below.